Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Special Treat


I promised my friend Vi that I would write shorter blogs.

So here is a shorter one.

Down the street from where I live is a Christian school for kids called Jerusalem School. But many of the kids are Muslims whose parents want them to learn about Western culture. Many of the teachers there are Americans who are around my age. For the second Saturday night in a row, I was again extremely blessed. One of the couples decided to have people over after the service. One person brought chips, and another made FABULOUS quesadillas! Then one of the other guys came in and brought a bag of fruit and the most delicious pints of ice cream that I have ever had in my life!
Maybe I just enjoyed it so much because it's been a good seven months since I've been really able to have that much ice cream. Praise God, my lactose problem has gotten better, maybe since I've been here, and I haven't taken any pills for it.
A projector was put up, and the "Book of Eli" was chosen. Angel came and put a fluffy blanket over me. One of the guys played a song from the states that I totally would jam to with the Bayer House girls. One of the girls and I almost started jamming then. My extraverted side finally started to come out again. Due to trying to be culturally sensitive, I have kept myself quite restrained. I finally felt safe to "come out" again. It has usually been the opposite case for me in other countries, but not here. Next blog, however, this will change...
I had to leave early because the next day I had a trip to the Judean desert and needed to work beforehand.
So I totally just wrote a blog about enjoying many American comforts. But I needed a night in like that before venturing out. The point is that God kept blessing me over and again. Sometimes I need these reminders and the encouragement.

For now, here is a picture outside of my school on Mt. Scopus for those who have been asking for pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment